Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of the school.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall direction and supervision of all matters in the College. A major focus of the Board is the strategic direction of the College, with an emphasis on sustaining and improving the excellent standards of teaching and learning.
The Board of Trustees also ensure that:
- goals, plans and budgets are approved and reviewed
- student achievement and outcomes are constantly monitored and reported
- all students are able to achieve their personal best
- there is compliance with laws that effect the school
- significant risks are identified, eliminated or reduced
- proper accounting and auditing practices are in place
- annual reports and financial statements are prepared
- general maintenance of the school is carried out
- management is carried out in a professional and competent manner
We are fortunate at Carmel that excellent relationships exist between the Principal, the Proprietor Board and the Board of Trustees which ensure the smooth running of a very successful college.
The Constitution of the Board is determined by the Ministry of Education and is made up of the following:
- Five elected Parent representatives
- Three Proprietor representatives
- The Principal
- A Staff representative
- A Student representative
- A Secretary
Raymond Webb (Board Chair)
Click HERE for Parent Representative profiles
Mr Bruce Macdonald
Sr Rosemary Revell
Mr Greg Frittelli
Mrs Deborah Goudie is Secretary to this Board.